Madagascar 1st day:
EUROPE – ANTANANARIVO
Arrival in Antananarivo and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Madagascar 2th day:
ANTANANARIVO – MAROANTSETRA (flight three times a week, tour has to be adapted accordingly)
Transfer to the airport for the flight to Maroantsetra. Overnight at the hotel.
Madagascar 3rd day:
MAROANTSETRA – MASOALA
Transfer to the port and transfer by boat to Masoala (about 2,5 hours). Then 3 hours walk in the primary forest to see reptiles, birds, lemurs and orchids. Relax and swim in a river. Stay at the ecolodge on full board.
Madagascar 4th day:
Morning wildlife watching ( in search of the Helmet vanga and Vari lemurs ) during 3 hours. Then visit of a typical village to see plantations of vanilla , cloves and coffee. Stay at the ecolodge on full board.
Madagascar 5th day:
Another day on Masoala, a guide is there and you can make another walk in the forest, or just stay on the beach and perhaps go snorkelling in the underwater reserve. Overnight at the Ecolodge on full board.
Madagascar 6th day:
MASOALA – NOSY MANGABE – MAROANTSETRA
Transfer by boat about 2 hours to the small island Nosy Mangabe in the bay of Antongil, which is a nature reserve. A botanical guided walk there, then by boat back to Maroantsetra (about 20 min) Rest of the day at leisure. Stay at the hotel Masoala Resort (included in Masoala package).
Madagascar 7th day:
MAROANTSETRA – ANTANANARIVO (flight three times per week)
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for the flight to Antananarivo. Transfer to the city. Stay at the hotel.
Madagascar 8th day:
ANTANANARIVO – EUROPE
In the morning, excursion to Ambohimanga – a UNESCO World heritage site: a King‘s palace built on the top of the hill covered with forests. In the afternoon, back to Tana and visit of a handicraft market. At the end of the afternoon, transfer to the hotel and day use. In the evening, transfer to the airport for the flight back to Europe.
Unfortunately, Flight changes and cancellations happen quite often on the Tana – Maroantsetra flights
TARIFF PER PERSON:
|1 person||SINGLE: 2065 Euro|
|2-3 people||DOUBLE: 1500 Euro|
|4–5 people||DOUBLE: 1115 Euro|
|6–7 people||DOUBLE: 1090 Euro|
|SINGLE SUPPLEMENT||145 Euro|
- All transfers airport-hotel-airport
- Accommodation based on bed and breakfast at simple hotels
- Stay at the ecolodge: on full board
- Entrance Tickets in park and reserve (Nosy Mangabe, Masoala)
- Service of local guide
- Transfers by motor boat (it may have other travellers in the same boat)
- Transfers by car to the port and from the port to the airport
- Visit of the historical site of Ambohimanga and the handicraft market
- tourist levy and VAT
- International flights and their taxes
- Domestic flights : Antananarivo – Maroantsetra -Antananarivo, about 520 Euro per person without reduction, if flying long haul with MD, tariff will be reduced..
- Visa fee (35 € for a stay up to 30 days)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenditures
- Personal insurance for eventualities like accidents, theft or damage to luggage, cancellation etc.
|Supplement for a guide||1240 Euro|
|Supplement for the best possible hotels (Palissandre std room, Relais de Masoala)||DOUBLE: 165 Euro|
SINGLE: 320 Euro
|Supplement in best hotels for||Half board: 80 Euro|
Full board: 162 Euro
Planned hotels for this tour (subject to availability, other hotels are possible, tariff may have to be adjusted):
Name of city / Standard hotel/ best hotel
Antananarivo /Lapasoa** / Palissandre**** deluxe room
Maroantsetra / Manga beach** / Masoala Resort**(*)
Masoala / Ecolodge chez Arol*(*) / unchanged
Maroantsetra / Coco beach / Masoala resort**(*) /
Antananarivo /Lapasoa** / Palissandre**** Deluxe room