Madagascar 1st day:
EUROPE – ANTANANARIVO
Meeting at Ivato international airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Madagascar 2nd day:
ANTANANARIVO – ANDASIBE (140 Km about 3 hours drive)
Drive to Andasibe through a landscape composed of rice paddies, waterfalls, and scarce forest stations. On the way visit of the Marozevo exotic park to see chameleons, butterflies etc. Continue to Andasibe. Before dinner, off for a night walk along the road to see some nocturnal species of animals, with some luck you’ll see woolly and mouse lemurs, chameleons etc. Back to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Madagascar 3rd day:
ANDASIBE– MANAMBATO – AKANIN’ NY NOFY (132 Km about 4 hour –drive, boat trip 1,5 hours)
After breakfast , visit of the reserve on a walk which takes around three hours, first a bit up, then mostly flat. Discover the species dwelling inside this forest like Indri Indri, the largest species of lemurs, other species of lemurs, birds etc. . Drive to Manambato, then continuation by motor boat shuttle transfer to Akanin’ ny Nofy (litterally means “Nest of Dreams”). Overnight at the hotel.
Madagascar 4th day:
AKANIN’ NY NOFY
A full day to discover this beautiful area at the clear and calm waters of the Ampitabe lake and the private Palmarium park with a big variety of lemurs on one spot. You can do a walk of several hours, on small trails, a little bit up and down, but not steep. When night falls, excursion by boat to spot the Aye Aye lemur, with its long middle finger (Daubentonia madagascariensis). Overnight at the hotel.
Madagascar 5th day:
AKANIN’NY NOFY – TAMATAVE (boat trip about 3 hours) – SAINTE MARIE (flights only once or twice/week)
Transfer by shuttle motor boat along the Pangalanes canal until Tamatave (if flight to Sainte Marie should be early morning, this boat transfer has to happen the evening before). Pick up at the port and transfer to the airport for the flight to Sainte Marie. Meeting at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel. Alternatively, the transfer to Sainte Marie could also be done by shuttle bus to Soanierana Ivongo and then by boat to Sainte Marie ( subject to weather conditions).
Madagascar 6th day & 7th day :
SAINTE – MARIE
Days free. Option: an excursion to “Ile aux Nattes” aboard a motor boat , visit of pirates cemetery and a lagoon , snorkelling , diving,.. From July to September, humpback whales can be seen near the island. Stay at the hotel.
Madagascar 8th day:
SAINTE MARIE – ANTANANARIVO
Transfer to the airport for the flight to Antananarivo. Pick up at the airport and transfer to the city. Overnight at the hotel.
Madagascar 9th day:
ANTANANARIVO – EUROPE
In the morning, excursion to Ambohimanga – a King‘s palace, 21km north of the city (UNESCO World heritage site). In the afternoon visit of the handcrafts market to buy some souvenirs. Day use at a hotel. Then transfer to the airport for the flight back to Europe.
TARIFF PER PERSON
|1 person||SINGLE: 1700 Euro|
|2-3 people||DOUBLE: 980 Euro|
|4-5 people||DOUBLE: 775 Euro|
|6-8 people||DOUBLE: 720 Euro|
|SINGLE SUPPLEMENT||250 Euro|
- Transfers to and from airport
- Accommodation based on bed and breakfast in midrange hotels, half board on Sainte Marie
- Motor boat shuttle transfer (there can be other hotel guests on board): Manambato- Akanin’ny Nofy –Tamatave
- Car with a driver from Antananarivo to Manambato
- Driver’s indemnities and Fuel
- Entrance ticket in Andasibe reserve and private park of Palmarium
- Excursion to spot the Aye Aye (if staying at Palmarium Hotel)
- Service of local guide in Andasibe
- Visit of the handicraft market and the historical site of Ambohimanga
Tourist levy and VAT
- International flights and their airport taxes
- Domestic flights with airport taxes and insurance: Tamatave – Sainte Marie; Sainte Marie – Antananarivo 540 Euro per person without reduction, if flying long haul with MD, tariff will be reduced..
- Visa fee (35 € for a stay up to 30 days)
- all other meals and drinks
- water sports and excursions on Sainte Marie
- Personal expenditures
- Personal insurance for eventualities like accidents, theft or damage to luggage, cancellation etc.
|Supplement for guide escort from the agency|
|520 Euro (to be shared by participants)|
|Supplement for best hotels||DOUBLE: 570 Euro/person|
SINGLE: 680 Euro/person
|Supplement in best hotels for||Half board: 90 Euro|
Full board: 245 Euro
Planned hotels for this tour (subject to availability, other hotels are possible, tariff may have to be adjusted):
Name of city / Standard hotel/ best hotel
Antananarivo /Lapasoa** / Tamboho Hotel***
Andasibe / Grace Lodge** / Vakona Forest Lodge***
Akanin’ny Nofy / Palmarium** / unchanged
Sainte Marie / Lakana** / Princesse Bora Lodge***sup. luxury villa (in both hotels half board compulsory)
Antananarivo /Lapasoa** / Tamboho Hotel ***